- 10 Pack
- 5 Pack
Overview- Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant is a non-cytotoxic cyanoacrylate-based monomer that forms a remarkably strong protective layer over skin.1 It resists external moisture, yet it allows the skin to breathe. IN SIMPLE WORDS: Marathon is a medical grade glue that will bond to your skin and provide protection. It is one of the best liquid skin protectants on the market. Marathon lasts and lasts. Defends and Protects- Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant consists of individual molecules (cyanoacrylate-based monomers) that polymerize when they come in contact with moisture on the skin surface. This reaction continues until 100% of the monomer molecules have joined either to each other (cohesion) or to molecules of substances present in skin (adhesion). This type of bonding with skin ensures that the product remains in place until the epidermal cells naturally slough away (2), maintaining skin integrity. Because no solvents are used, there is no evaporation and 100% of the product remains on the skin. IN SIMPLE WORDS: Marathon reacts with the moisture and skin surface to create a strong film that is thicker and more durable than most liquid skin protectants. Marathon stays on the skin until the dead cells shed off naturally. Use Marathon to protect skin under medical devices such as: Ostomy, including G-Tubes and tracheostomy, Negative pressure wound therapy, Tapes and adhesive dressings, Oxygen tubing, Protect Fragile and Compromised Skin, Skin tears, Perineal and perianal area, Periwound area, Intertrigo, Fistulas, Heels.
- Robust, flexible and long-lasting
- Protects from the effects of friction
- Protects from moisture (urine, exudate, sweat, and other bodily fluids) that can cause maceration
- Can be used on intact or damaged skin
- Fast drying and breathable
- Marathon shows greater protective capabilities than 3M® Cavilon® against corrosive fluids(synthetic urine) and wash-off*
- Indications: damaged skin, fragile skin, periwound skin and peristomal skin
- Contraindicated for second or third degree burns, infected areas and directly to the wound bed or to deep puncture wounds.
- Change frequency is up to 3 days, reapply as needed
- 0.5 g ampule
- Applications and Size: Topical
- Area of Application: All Over Body
- HPIS Code: 694_10_50_50
- Latex Free: Yes
- Package Type: 0.5G Ampole
- Primary or Secondary Dressing: Skin Protectant
- Product Function: Barrier
- Size Milliliters: 0.5 ml
- Sterile: Yes
- UNSPSC: 42312105, 53131613
- Wound Condition Type: Shallow/Deep, Mod-Hvy Drainage
1 item added to your cart.
Item in Cart: 1
MARATHON LIQUID SKIN PROTECTANTManufacturer: Medline
Fill out your contact information to request information on this product, or contact us at the number below.
Toll Free: (888) 277-2221
Phone: (860) 426-9868
Send To A Friend
* Listed shipping rates are calculated on this item alone, which may not apply if you have additional items in your cart. You may change your shipping preferences at any time by proceeding to your shopping cart.